Sunday, April 27, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hi Mama!
Nothing from Obye yet, thanks for trying!
Would you be able to look up something else for me? I heard about a company called Vivint, have you heard of that? I got chastised my some people that I should really be setting up some things so I don't waste time when I go home. So I was just wondering if Vivint should be an option? Sounds like good work and good money over the summer.
This week was so fun!
Elder Corcus is getting trasferred though, which is pretty sad. We have become good friends. I will get another companion who will join Elder Deakyne and I tomorrow. Should be good!
I have a few pictures and a few updates:
We met up with the Sisters this week to try to get a direction for what we should do to help strengthen the Aliso Viejo ward. We have really been trying hard to find people to baptize here, but no one seems to be coming up. So we thought it would be good for us to ask the Lord how we should tend for His vineyard. We felt that it was most appropriate and productive to spend more time visiting the 300 people who were members of the church but who don't come to church that live in the ward boundaries. That would double the size of the ward if we could reactivate them! Just as important as 300 baptisms in my book. So we picked 5 names for the Elders to visit and 5 names for the Sisters to visit. As we went out later that day to go see these people we contacted this guy named George who lived relatively close to one of the people we were visiting. As we talked to him we felt that he was prepared to hear the gospel so he said we could come back on Thursday! That was just a small experience that helped realize that my ways are not the Lord's ways and if we really want to help God, then we need to ask Him what He wants us to do. Then do it!
Everything is going just wonderfully! I am really happy today. I am usually really happy anyways, but I am just grateful to be doing what I am doing right now. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Love, Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment