Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hi!
 
Ian Baer moved out of his girlfriend's house on Saturday and quit smoking that same day! He is getting baptized May 10. Casey Wells is getting baptized May 24 and she is good to go. Mike, Heather, Patrick, Tara, George, Rebecca, Mitch and Conrad don't have dates yet and some of them are not progressing so we are trying to help them. We found George and Rebecca this week and taught them the first lesson. George is 26 and lives with his mom and sister, Rebecca. He has given up drugs and alcohol and gotten out of the gang he was in. They are looking for a church to go to because they have drifted away from God ever since their father died 6 years ago. They are humble and wonderful people,
 
Everything is going pretty well. I don't have pictures to send because I didn't bring my bag in because I broke the strap ofSaturday and have to fix it. I will today.
 
On Sunday morning we got to have our monthly meeting with the stake presidency and the Bishop's and ward mission leaders and the MIssion Presidency.
 
This morning we helped Sandra again. We got up at 6 and put a lot of her trash out curbside for pick up. We are trying to help her clean house and start a garden. It is pretty dirty and junky.
 
I am trying to be a better person. Sometimes I just need to slow down. But other times I need to get strict and really run a tight ship. Still working on that balance. The zone is doing well. I love Elder Jung and Elder Deakyne. We have a good time.
 
I love being a missionary!
 
Well people are waiting to get on the computer, so I better go.
 
Have a great week! I will have lots of pictures in two weeks. Is that okay?
 
Love, Elder Chandler of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment