Sunday, April 27, 2014

March 3, 2014

Hi Mother!
 
Thank you for the years of piano lessons that you helped me through and encouraged me to continue! I get to share that a lot with people every week.
 
Well that is all I got. I know that the Lord is looking out for me by not getting into BYU! Woohoo! Sorry if I offend anyone with that comment. I will keep my other opinions to myself. No matter what we all love the Lord and trust in His plan for us. I love being a missionary!
 
We had some really lovely experiences this week with people that we taught. I don't have much time, because I was chatting with some other Elders and also emailing some old friends and companions throughout the world and down in the Carlsbad mission. I am really grateful for the eternal relationships that have been cultivated as we strive to lose ourselves in teh work.
 
Oh, I was going to share a spiritual experience though! So we have been teaching a woman named Tanya and she is really great! Her husband has always been at work because we go by on Fridays, but we set up to teach her yesterday (Sunday) with her husband John. So we had a powerful 20 minute lesson on the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and we were ready to go, but we stayed for two hours because they had many questions and great converstaion about the church and why we do things the way we do. After the lesson Elder Corcus, Elder Deakyne and I all felt that we had just had the most unified lesson together that we had ever taught. Unity is so critical in teaching, for that is how we can teach by the Spirit. I am so grateful for my faithful companions!
 
Besides that, the real reason that Tanya and John are so great is because they were invited by Sister Johansen to the Christmas party. In Febuary we just knocked on their door without even knowing who lived there, we just felt inspired to knock on that door, so we did and she let us right in. Yesterday we gave John and Tanya a Book of Mormon that had Brother and Sister Johansen's testimonies in it. They were so touched by that thoughtfulness and we are so grateful for the awesome member missionary  work that the Johansen's are doing! They are just being transparent and living the gospel and others recognize that!!!
 
That was one of the highlights!
 
Have a great week!
Love, Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment