Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013

Dear Mom,

Sounds like a fantastic week! We have been pretty busy as well and I took pictures. Tonight I will not be sleeping in Oceanside, I am getting transferred to who knows where! 

Elder Quentin L. Cook came to stake conference on Sunday, and spoke to us and we had a few investigators there and they got to shake his hand! He talked to us about the drug culture in California as well as faith in Jesus Christ. 

His wife told a great anecdotal story from their lives- One Monday night for family home evening they decided to reenact the Bible story of Moses asking Pharaoh to let the Israelites free. Larry, their 3 year old son dressed up and acted as Moses and Dad got to be Pharaoh. After the 3rd time of being denied his request, the young Moses lost his temper and socked mean old Pharaoh right in the nose. The purpose of her sharing this story is to provide encouragement for those who may have a hard time having family time and telling those all of us that it is often the times that didn't go quite as planned are the times that we remember most. I thought was really nice.

Well hope you enjoy the pictures and I will let you know where I get to serve now next week! I miss the rain! 
Love, Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment