Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 16, 2013


Hi mom,

A cow?! That is exciting! Thanks for the picture. Also, how is Jackson's wrist doing and his pole vaulting?

This week in Oceanside California we had some good times. I have been here for about 5 months now and I feel like I know Oceanside 1st ward better than the Willamette ward! I think that is how it should be.

I was on exchanges this week into the Spanish missionaries work and we had dinner at a family that kept talking about "T.J." I thought that they were talking about dad, or a pizza place, but they were talking about TiJuana, Mexico! That is the funny story that I wrote down in my planner to tell you all about.

We are teaching a lot and helping the missionaries in the stake. Elder Hegland is doing great, I love that man! 

What do you want to know about life as a missionary? Do you want to hear about lessons we teach, funny stories, spiritual experiences, local customs, cultural events, principles of the gospel? Anything you want, we have a lot of everything here!

I made raspberry BBQ bison steaks, lemon sriracha tilapia, curry rice, and a chocolate-kiwi smoothie for breakfast today, so I am really happy. 

God gives us everything, our daily breath, our trials and even bison steaks. I know God loves everyone!
Love, Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment