Friday, March 15, 2013

March 5, 2013

Dear mom,

Glad you got the photos! My new companion is Elder Pendergast from Plain City, UT (by Ogden) He is wonderful and has a great desire to work hard. 

Our week went well. We got some instruction from President Cook about teaching plainly and applying the "How to Begin Teaching" bullet points on pages 176-177 of Preach my Gospel. Those who are preparing to go on missions should memorize them! They are very effective. With mastery of skills also come confidence and the ability to put things into your own words. Elder Pendergast and I relayed this training to the missionaries in the zone (stake) and we enjoyed that. 

Last night we had dinner at a member's home and folded all 10 of the bullet points into our conversation. It was challenging, but we had a lot of fun and they had 2 non-member friends there that listened to our message. 

On Sunday I went down to the La Costa ward down in Del Mar and taught a man named Oboo He is Mongolian! Elder Hegland and I are going down tomorrow to teach him together. The first time, on Sunday, it was just me teaching in Mongolian, so it was a little rusty, but with Elder Hegland it will be better. I shared the first vision and he also said he would read the Book of Mormon and if he received an answer that it was true then he would be baptized. 

That is what I have to report. I know that as each of us learn things and live things about the gospel and becom econverted to the teachings of Jesus Christ then we will have an understanding of what everything means and we will be able to explain things clearly so that thsoe who listen will understand. 

Have a beautiful week! (It is 75 everyday here :))
-Elder Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment