Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 26, 2013

Dear mother,

Thank you so much for your absolutely wonderful email today! I feel so happy and grateful that we are all able to learn and grow as we journey through this beautiful life that God has given us. 

Word up to Jackson. BYU will be sweeeeet!

Today is transfers and I will be staying in the Oceanside first ward and will not be covering the YSA ward any longer. So I will get a new companion today. This transfer was only 5 weeks to accommodate the change in the MTC schedule. In the Carlsbad zone we will be getting 7 new missionaries and 2 wards are splitting and will have 2 sets of missionaries serving in them. The work is hastening. 

When we went to go get shoes from bishop Remington's I remember him making a comment about shoes wearing out because of the way that missionaries prayed the longer that they had been in the mission. He said that new missionaries kept the shoes flat when they prayed and the older missionaries were so tired that they squished the shoes. So I try to always pray in a way that is nice to the shoes, but it is getting harder and harder to keep myself up and my feet flat. 

I love being a missionary and there is so much good that comes from serving. I am going to send some pictures now!

Have a great week! -Elder Chandler












No comments:

Post a Comment