Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 16, 2013

Hi Mom,

Thank you for the email and slightly disturbing picture of the toothpick that was inside Harrison's body!! The weather is great here, a little hot, but there are no SevenElevens in our area so we did not get any slurpees :(

We had a great meeting on Wednesday with the missionaries in the stake and we all talked about charity for part of the meeting. I was impressed with how many other missionaries recognized the many blessings that come from charity. In chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel we learn about Christlike Attributes and as we develop charity the other attributes become part of who we are. It seems to me that as we are diligent and obedient and patient that we are able to work harder and as our efforts increase so does our love for the people we serve. 

I really love serving here in this area and I am excited to see what changes next week brings. If you are in the area on Saturday and going to the Newport Beach temple like you did a few months ago, don't come to the 1:30 session, because I will be in that one with a family from the ward whose son is getting his endowments out for his mission to Singapore. President Orgill gave us special permission to go and help him continue to prepare for a mission. He is a special kid.

This week was good, no complaints, and if I did have complaints there is nothing I could do about it anyways!!

Charity and Love --Elder Chandler 

No comments:

Post a Comment